I've know for a while that I absolutely love pitbulls. They are such amazing dogs and don't deserve the reputation they have at all. Working at a shelter I'm more afraid of getting bit by the chihuahuas I have to handle than by a pitbull. But for pitbull lovers and people who are iffy about them the documentary "Beyond the Myth is absolutely amazing! It goes into the horrible stereotypes being spread about pitbulls and the way they are demonized by the media. Yes.. Some pitbulls have done bad things but it is not the breed that is bad. It is the fault of irresponsible owners. And any breed of dog that is not trained properly or is mistreated can lash out against people in an aggressive way. So before you judge an entire breed think about judging the people on the other end of the leash. And don't push for the extermination of an entire breed of dog based on the actions of a few bad cases.
On the same topic this is Carlton :) He's an 8 month old pit mix pup at the shelter that I got to hang out with all weekend. He is seriously the sweetest dog and all he wants in return for his good behavior is a belly rub and maybe some treats! I want to take every animal home that I meet but he is one of the few that if I could I would absolutely adopt him permanently. Just look at that face!

No comments:
Post a Comment